Thursday, August 29, 2013

Tapering

Apparently in my world, "tapering" means "do not run for the entire week before an event" or at least that is the direction that its heading. This week has been a blur. I have had something going on every night this week, including tonight and then Ifelt like I was getting a cold or something so I decided to back off for a bit and not chance it. And quite honestly I still feel a little icky. And for some reason, over the past few months I cannot get out of bed in the morning to run, even though for years early morning running was my sweet spot. Now, it's as if my body is telling me to go eff myself when that alarm clocks rings at 5:00 am. I typically have no problem getting up early. I do it all the time for race timing. I guess I am in an early morning running funk. A funk that's been going on for close to a year. 

Regardless, I am going to squeeze a few miles in after work before I head over to this benefit thing that I have to go to tonight for a race that Lynne is promoting. And then a few more tomorrow, rest Saturday. Then game time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment