Thursday, June 21, 2012

100

I think I am going to hit 100 miles for the month of June, and while that sounds relatively unimpressive, for me, it's huge. I have not had any 3 digit mileage months in almost two years. I am steadily hitting 25-30 miles a week, and assuming I can finish out the last week of June with the same level of volume, I should blow through 100 easily. I ran the Media Five Miler on Friday night, in the Pickle Suit. I got lucky this year because it was relatively cool compared against the last two years. If the race would have been this Friday upcoming, it would have been a different story, because it's supposed to be in the 90's for the remainder of the week. Anyways, I ran it somewhere between 45-47 minutes and that's with me stopping once or twice for 30 seconds to drink a beer. Christ that course is hilly. I forgot how hilly and you'd think that I would know by now because I have run the goddamn thing 4 or 5 times. But the good news is that I didnt walk any of the hills. Quite an accomplishment actually because I saw a number of people walking and none of them were running in a very large green neoprene full length Pickle Costume. As a matter of fact, not only did I run each and every hill, but I verbally taunted those who were walking the hills. "IF THE PICKLE ISNT WALKING THEN NO ONE IS WALKING!!!" And amazingly, I had a handful of people appraoch me at the end of the race and tell me that I was an inspiration. Wow. Who'd ever think that some jackass in a Pickle Suite would be an inspiration? There's another race on Friday night - The Chichester Business District 5k - and we're timing it - I am thinking about making an appearance in the suit, but doubtful on running in the actual race. I was in a bit of pain after the Media Five Miler. Whilest I was able to run the hills, my body isnt used to hills and I was sore for a good two days following the race. My side was also acting up to the extent that yesterday I went to the doc to see if another shot was in order. As luck would have it, I woke up yesterday with no pain, and if there is no pain, there's no way for me to find the spot to show the doc where to put the shot. So we both kinda sat there for 20 minutes and shot the shit. But the next step is a gait analysis on July 2nd. They are going to film me running around a track and observe my form. I am not sure I need a doctor to tell me how bad my form is:)

No comments:

Post a Comment