Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hide the Pickle

I didnt get into the gym once this week. That's horrible. However, I did get a tattoo, as most of you might have seen on Facebook. I get a new bike this weekend, so I got that going for me. If I can get the derailleur cable on my Y bike fixed, I'll go a ride later. No one cares. I am boring myself just talking about it.

But what is important is the running of the 1st Run of the 2011 Winter Pickle Running Series. We had 300+ knuckleheads running around Ridley Creek State Park and I think everyone had a ton of fun. The trail conditions were perfect - 2" to 4" of fresh powder with no ice, and yesterday was a crystal clear day.

We had one injury that actually required medical attention. One of the 5k runners lost his footing and went ass over teacups coming around the turn-around point. He fucked himself up good. I dont know how he got back to the start, but when I caught up to him, he was lying in the back of Tim's truck and he wasnt in good shape. There was a Dr. on site who had wrapped his arm up and by all appearances, it looks like he popped out his shoulder.

When the first responders arrived, they came in full force - an ambulance, a volunteer's truck, and one of those fast response firetrucks, complete an actual fireman in full get. Big thanks to those guys.

Check out the Pickle Facebook page - do a search for "The Pickle Run" and become one of our friends. We have no friends. Where do you think we find the time to put on this stupid event?

No comments:

Post a Comment