Monday, October 12, 2009

I got alot of my frustrations out this morning at the gym. I was on fire. I ran 3.1 miles in a little over 23 minutes. On the surface, that's not blazing fast, but it's the fastest I have run in weeks. Additionally, I ran the first mile relatively easy. I started the thing out at 6.5 mph, and kept cranking it up to 7.0. When I hit the 2nd mile, I jacked it up to 7.5, and then kept increasing it until I got 9.0. So, I probably ran the 2nd mile in about 7:15 and the third mile in 6:50 or something. The fact of the matter is I was hauling ass. After I finished up on the treadmill, I moved over to the spin bike do a quick 15 minute hill workout. From there, I did some light arm work withe weights, then stretched.

All that time off that I took after the PDR actually helped my knee heal up a bit. It's still "tweaky" but no where near as uncomfortable as it was last month. Granted, I am not logging a lot of miles, so that's helping as well.

I was blowing smoke up your ass yesterday. Eastern Philosophy my ass. When I was really heavy into karate, I studied a modified form of Tang Soo Do, which is the blood relative of Tae Kwon Do. Both forms are a Korean kicking art. Anyway, my instructor was never into the Eastern Philosophy stuff. We never spoke anything in Korean, which alot of traditional Korean karate schools integrate into their programs. We never had a picture of some old Asian Grandmaster from the Ming Dynasty or some shit hanging on the wall. My instructor used to take us to other schools, and I remember walking in and all the kids would be bowing and talking in Korean. We'd just sit there and wonder when we was going to get to the good ole fashioned punchin' and kickin'.

With all that being said, I still want to try Yoga. I think it would be good for me. Then again, sparring for an hour and half and getting my head kicked in was very therapeutic for me. It's like going from one extreme to the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment