Wednesday, January 13, 2016

#KeepItReal

I've been doing some traveling as of late, and I have made some fascinating observations and some hard to accept conclusions. 

Before I continue, this blog post is not for the feint of heart. I am going to say somethings that need to be said, that people are too afraid to say. So turn back now. But do not say that you haven't been warned. 

I am going to make a statement, and then work backwards to make my point. Kinda like that one episode of Seinfled, where the whole Seinfled gang travels to India for a wedding, but the actual episode plays out in reverse chronological order. 

Little kids are assholes.

There, I said it.

Think about everyone that you've encountered in your life that's an asshole and think about the qualities which make those individuals assholes. Selfishness? Disregard for others? Prone to tantrums? 

Ok, so now think about most of the kids you've encountered under the age of 3. Not all, but most.Think long and hard enough and you'll come to the same conclusion that I did -  that kids are assholes - just tiny, little snot nosed versions of their adult counterparts. 

What gives kids a "pass" however is a general lack of self awareness that most adult assholes that I have encountered seem to possess. Which is amazing, because most adult assholes generally know they are assholes. Not all the time, but most of the time, yet they still continue onward and upward with their assholely ways. You'd think that at some point there would be some moment of introspection where one says to one's self "I am a class A d-bag. Maybe I should work on that."




No comments:

Post a Comment