Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Amen

I am on a mission. A mission from God. Well, not quite. It's not that I don't believe in "God" or some derivation there of, it's just that I don't think God is all that interested in the fact that I need to a) lose 25lbs by the Spring and/ turn some of this copious amount of body weight into muscle. I think he/ she has bigger fish to fry. Like the government shutdown. Or figuring out that whole chicken or the egg thing.

"I'm on a mission from God"
I have a plan together, comprised of some weight training and some other cardio activities. I've decided to lay off of some other stuff that I kicked around, like Yoga. As much as I would like to give that a try, I need to really focus in on this goal, and I have found that the key to success is to become really good at 1-2 things, not mediocre at 4-5 things. The law of diminishing returns. I am also giving running a bit of a break, just to mix it up, and to give my hamstring/ piriformis some downtime. I hopped into a spinning class for the first time in months earlier in the week. One of my running compadres teaches a crossfit/bootcamp type class weeknights and that might be something to try out. I am not a big fan of classes where I can't tie-in some sort of complimentary benefit. At least with spinning, it gets me prepped for Spring Mountain biking. I tend to spend most of the spring on the mountain bike. Not sure why, it's just always been that way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment